Thursday, June 18, 2009

should i or should i not?

Have been debating whether or not to go on no-pay leave for about 6 months next year just to spend more time with my two kids. Since we came back to Singapore, I've found that I don't have as much time to spend with Jireh - and he is progressing by leaps and bounds every day! Am often surprised at his new vocabulary - feels like i'm missing out on something. And Eliana would be at the age where she would be learning how to crawl and walk next year, and start saying a few words. Don't want to miss out on that.

However, I am worried that I would go crazy as a SAHM. Not sure I have enough patience to keep up with 2 kids 24/7. Even being at home now with Eliana on maternity leave, I'm often glad that Jireh's with his granny most of the day cos I don't think I have the energy to keep up with both of them. There's also the money issue - we can survive on Josiah's single income for the 6 months, but it also means we may have to dip into our savings and really watch what we spend...

So, should I or should I not??

6 Comments:

Blogger mama said...

If really plan on being SAHM but don't want to go crazy facing 2 kids 24/7, how about sending Jireh to a 3 hr daily pre-nursery class or something like that?

5:56 am  
Blogger mummybean said...

i think you should try it, then you won't be wondering what if... at most you can always return to work earlier if you don't like it!

8:11 am  
Blogger josiah n faith said...

YQ - have thought of that but need to factor in the costs. also, as i mentioned, it seems impossible to find any space in the pre-nurseries close to TPY!

BeanBean - Thanks for the simple yet practical take on it.

10:37 am  
Blogger Corsage@A Dollop Of Me said...

I agree with Beanbean. How about the option of part-time or flexi work? Any chance to discuss that with your organisation?

11:52 am  
Blogger mama said...

There should be quite a few of those PAP nursery/kindergarten and generally not too expensive? Put Jireh on the waitlist now, maybe by time you on no pay, there will be space? No harm trying.

11:53 am  
Blogger jus me said...

you should. Go for it. I'm going for it. :)

6:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home