Wednesday, May 06, 2009

she's too small!

We have been getting "told off" by strangers for bringing Eliana out. "Too young", they say, "the air outside is bad for her", "her bones are too soft to be in the baby carrier", etc etc etc...

This seems to be a purely Singaporean phenomenon. Over in Switzerland, we were advised by the pediatrician to take the baby out daily for some fresh air. Mothers will bring babies as young as a week old out on errands.

But since I'm alone at home with Eliana in the day time, there's no avoiding bringing her out, at the very least to the coffeeshop downstairs to buy lunch. And I don't believe that it's good for both baby and mom to be cooped up at home for months...

2 Comments:

Blogger Corsage@A Dollop Of Me said...

There seems to be just too many 'can't dos' here. It is a good thing that you had an earlier experience in Switzerland so you can gauge for yourself what you think is reasonable! I can't help by roll eyes by many things people are already telling me I should or shouldn't do =P

4:15 pm  
Blogger josiah n faith said...

decide for yourself, but at the same time have to bear the consequences la... after all thatz what parenthood is all about... :) - josiah

2:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home